Karenmom asks:
Q:

Does anyone know from experience if Ivory soap is good to use with sensitive skin or Eczema?

When I was young, my Mom would purchase Ivory soap because it was known to be pure/natural soap.  I was too young to really remember, but the soap supposedly broke me out in rashes.  The pediatrician said not to use IVORY soap, and I had to bathe in Dove instead.  I've just continued throughout the years to buy Dove.  Both myself, my husband and both my children have sensitive skin and have to be careful with the products we use, my son especially has trouble because he also has mild Eczema.  I'm doing some research on how to treat his Eczema naturally, and I have found information that Ivory soap is what you should use and then they melt it down and add additional distilled water and mold the soap again.  Does anyone know from experience if this works?  Any suggestions as to what does work?  Thanks in advance!
In Topics: Medical problems

|

I never recommend Ivory soap to my patients with eczema, because it is very harsh and tends to dry the skin.  Dove Sensitive is a good choice.  Recently, I discovered a good eczema care product: Cetaphil Restoraderm.  It comes as a wash and a moisturizer.  The two used together on a daily basis do wanders to the skin afflicted by eczema!  During bathing/showering use the wash as it seals the moisture in the skin.  When you dry your body, use the Cetaphil Restoradem moisturizer as it seals the moisture, moisturizes the body, and stimulates the skin to produce own moisture.

1
0

FredMBland
FredMBland writes:
If you want to know best treatment when you are struggling with eczema than i will suggest you to use best natural eczema treatment because it is the most beneficial treatment with eczema. I can say this with experience.

0
0
Lisa18967
Lisa18967 writes:
-1- I am using it in homemade laundry detergent. It is highly recommended because it has very few chemicals to react with other ingredients
2- to put in gift boxes for underprivileged kids. I send some to foreign countries where the kids bath in rivers and lakes, Ivory soap floats, that way they don't run the risk of losing their soap after the first wash. (Well less of a risk) Also we give them in gift boxes to the local shelters and they are great because they have low allergic reactions. That way even kids or adults with mild allergies to scented soaps can use these.
I can recommend it as a good product at a good price.

-Ivory soap is a classic It has a clean, mild smell. It does not irritate my children's' skin. It keeps the whole family nice and clean for a great price. The only downsides are that it does dry my skin during the winter, so I use it only during the other seasons, The other downside is because it is made with air whipped into it (that's why it famously floats), each bar does not last as long as other more dense soaps can. We are happy with having it on Amazon Subscription too!
-I didn't buy this soap to use as soap. My daughter wanted this soap for a science experiment (apparently if you put a bar in the microwave, it puffs up and changes its chemical properties). A friend recommended putting coloring on the soap so that you could make it into soap paint for the bathtub. It will harden tho after it has puffed up and it expands quite a bit, so beware. one bar filled an entire dinner plate. I loved the bulk price on Amazon, so I bought them all so that my daughter could do many science experiments and have a great time playing with this soap. It smells great and feels great too! I don't use it as my go to soap tho as I prefer body wash so I can't speak of its effectiveness as a soap. I have friends who also love to use Ivory soap in making felted soaps - you wrap homemade felt around it and needle it closed.
-

0
0