Karenmom asks:
Q:

Does anyone know from experience if Ivory soap is good to use with sensitive skin or Eczema?

When I was young, my Mom would purchase Ivory soap because it was known to be pure/natural soap.  I was too young to really remember, but the soap supposedly broke me out in rashes.  The pediatrician said not to use IVORY soap, and I had to bathe in Dove instead.  I've just continued throughout the years to buy Dove.  Both myself, my husband and both my children have sensitive skin and have to be careful with the products we use, my son especially has trouble because he also has mild Eczema.  I'm doing some research on how to treat his Eczema naturally, and I have found information that Ivory soap is what you should use and then they melt it down and add additional distilled water and mold the soap again.  Does anyone know from experience if this works?  Any suggestions as to what does work?  Thanks in advance!
In Topics: Medical problems

|

I never recommend Ivory soap to my patients with eczema, because it is very harsh and tends to dry the skin.  Dove Sensitive is a good choice.  Recently, I discovered a good eczema care product: Cetaphil Restoraderm.  It comes as a wash and a moisturizer.  The two used together on a daily basis do wanders to the skin afflicted by eczema!  During bathing/showering use the wash as it seals the moisture in the skin.  When you dry your body, use the Cetaphil Restoradem moisturizer as it seals the moisture, moisturizes the body, and stimulates the skin to produce own moisture.

1
0