adam147
adam147 asks:
Q:

Could somebody please explain changes to the mathematics curriculum and assessment practices over the past 30 years?

and then perhaps explain how these changes have influenced the ways in which mathematics is taught/
In Topics: Helping my child with math, National education standards and No Child Left Behind

|

Houli

Throughout the United States, the improvement of mathematics curriculum and tests have been implemented.  This means math standards have been strengthened and a new level of accountability is in place.  If you have specific questions or concerns please check with your school officials for advice and information.

0
0

mmg1963
mmg1963 writes:
Well, I am with you on this! The schools do not teach math the way they should! It has been made more difficult to understand math! Why can't they teach it the way it used to be? How can we as parents help them, when we were not taught that way? Also, calculators should be ruled out as a means of teaching to add, subtract, divide, and multiple. The new math is not acceptable in my opinion!

0
0
Tu.Leu
Tu.Leu writes:
True that my 7 and 8 yr old bring math homework everyday. I'm surprise they already teach division, estimation, and round. My kids have hard time learning. I meet with their teacher, their answer was all kids have to do their work from the computer. We test them how many problems they solve on the computer, they do everything on computer in class only time they do paperwork is homework. I'm just frustrated to see my kids' report cards. They are working so hard, still get the same report every semester. I'm just worry they might repeat their class.

0
0
Anonymous