mowhui
mowhui , Parent asks:
Q:

What is the extent of friendship?

Today my son bid Krazi of Ninjago good-bye because 3 boys from school, whom he thought were good friends, wanted it for a trade.  When he said no for the 3rd time, he was told that they won't be his friends anymore. Sad! He was really sad :( Wondering what kind of parents & families do these kids have that they weren't taught good values and proper behavior. I wanted to step in and let his teacher and principal know, but hubby said no. He said sometimes you would have to let go of stuffs in exchange of friendship.  But I said otherwise. That's not what friendship is all about, is it? Or am I wrong?  Tell me if I'm missing something.  I'm just scared that if we tolerated this kind of thing, they might learn that my son can do anything for them in exchange of friendship.  Later on they might ask him to do something bad for them for friendship-sake, and he might get into trouble. How should we handle this?

Ps. He mentioned that he lost his 3 friends and don't want to go to school anymore.  He was really sad. Hubby had him give his Krazi to regain his friends back. Is that right?
In Topics: Friendships and peer relationships

|