sangers
sangers asks:
Q:

extreme amount of pressure from parents

i'm in year 12 and i have an extremely high amount of pressure to do well in school from my parents. they won't let me go to bed before 2 am in the morning and insist that i'm sleeping too much. they wake me up at 6:30 in the morning and i get about an hour of sleep after school so i normally only get about 4 hours of sleep each day. and when i study i'm continuously nodding off which to me seems normal but they absolutely rip into me about it and count the the time that i nod off into the amount of sleep each day. so according to them i'm getting about 9 hours of sleep a day. everyday i get unbelievable headaches and find it hard to concentrate at school and consequently my grades aren't very good. i'm studying an enormous amount but i still only manage from 50 to high 60%.
but on top of this i don't have a social life. i'm not allowed out and i've never been to a party with my mates or even gone out with them. i feel like a caged monster, i've never left the house on my own. to be completely honest i've never felt happy or even content with my life, to me the 17 years have just been  absolute shi*t. everyday i wonder why i was even born and it's not rare for me to consider suicide. i'm depressed and i don't want to talk to my parents about any of these issues because they'll just rip into me. i know that everyone says that you have to talk to your parents about this but for me this isn't possible.
i'm breaking apart both mentally and physically. someone please help!
In Topics: Parenting / Our Family

|

Sorry to hear about your situation.  Have you tried talking with a school counselor?  I think that would be a good start.  Once you involve in your situation a trusted adult, he or she will be able to get you help.  If you have suicidal thoughts, you should seek help asap!  
0
0

sunil.1812
sunil.1812 writes:
look my dear now no one can help you personally,u have to consult this problem to your teachers.and am sure they will definitely discuss to your father.and you have to fight for your life to your parents.don't fear after all you are there son and and you also politely discuss with your parents am sure they will understand you.okkkkk..........

0
0