Show me another question in this topic
celticwoman
celticwoman asks:
Q:

family leaving me out

i'm being made fun of at home and my family is pushing me aside because i'm 18. They laugh at me when i tell them about my day. They are rude to me and blame me for stuff. I can't stand this! i'm almost in 12th grade and will be going off to college. I do not know why they are becoming so against me? i can't figure it out. It is like they aren't into what i'm going through and ask me but do not really care. It hurts me because i'm left out at school because i'm new and no one wants to be my friend or already have friends from freshman year. I feel like moving out since i'm not even welcome in my own home anymore
In Topics: Teen issues

|

Houli

I agree with the previous answer- this behavior by your parents is not a positive behavior.  You need to sit down with your parents and work this out.  Good luck.

0
0

Hi celticwoman,

This is not acceptable behavior on your family's part. I encourage you to talk to them, and tell them how the way they treat you makes you feel. Ask them to respect your feelings, and if they're not able to, start reaching out to others for support.

With college, comes tremendous opportunities to make new friends. I am confident that you'll find people who you get along with, share hobbies with, and enjoy being around when you move on next year. That's something to look forward to!

Best of luck,

Alex
Community Team

0
0
Show me another question in this topic