Anonymous
Q:

what should I do if I feel my child is a victim of bully in the school and He is afraid or ashame to tell me what happen

what should I do if I feel my child is a victim of bully

|

EdieRaether

Give your child assurance that it is hard to admit being bullied and that it is also scary to tell as children do fear that if you take action, he or she will get bullied even more.  You must give assurance that you will work WITH your child in finding a solution. Make it safe for your child to share what is happening.  INVITE but don't push it.  
Let me know if you have more questions.  Edie
1
0

Skyflowers101
Skyflowers101 , Student writes:
Talk to the teachers and staff at school or somehow trick you're child to tell you make the answer slip out of him/her. it really depends on the childs age.

1
0
Miracle6
Miracle6 writes:
My child was a target for bullying. How he confided in me, I shared what I went through at his age. That I knew how he felt. I also explained that kids who do that (bully) have a low self esteem, more than likely see it at home, or just plain jealous.
I got involved in the school, and showed up all the time. Yes, I had to get out of work, but he is worth it.
Many schools do not know how to handle this. Researchers showed that the "zero tolerance" for bullying is not effective.
It comes down to getting involved.

1
0
nickay
nickay writes:
talk to any friends they might be close with? that you feel comfortable talking to

1
0
Sarpax
Sarpax writes:
Talk to the principle about it so they can become aware of the situation and let his teacher know.  Also, if you know some of the other kids in the school you can secretly ask them to watch out for your child and give you the names of the kids bullying him.  I have a specail needs child who gets bullied and I've had to have some of the older kids get names for me before.  People say to talk to the teacher but I've found that the principle is much more affective.

0
0