jer1985
jer1985 asks:
Q:

What do I do when I feel my kids are being mistreated?

I feel the bus driver is singling my children out because she doesn't like where my house is located. My children cry when they have to ride the bus but are perfectly fine when I take them. She has already caused two detentions for my 2nd grader and now 1 for my 1st grader and has even threatened my pre k daughter. My 1st grader got her detention for doing her homework on the bus. School policy does not state any where that she can not do this.
In Topics: Working with school administrators

|

EJOberkirsch
EJOberkirsch writes:
First step would be to file a complaint with the school, ask to meet with the principal.  If that doesn't help, report it on up the chain of command (city or county school board, school commissioners etc).  Otherwise, avoid the whole issue and take them yourself...they will be less traumatized and you will have a little more undivided attention time with them in the car waiting in the drop off line (I take my kid just for that very reason - last min spelling words review, we talk about any misbehavior correction reminders, etc).

1
0