Velazquez.Brenda
Velazquez.B... asks:
Q:

I have a feeling that my grades are really low. How can I ignore Facebook and work hard?

In Topics: Children and the internet, Motivation and achievement at school

|

JeanneBrockmyer

Hi Brenda:  This can be a tough problem, but great that you know you need to change how you are using your time!  Think about how you access Facebook.  Then put that device (or devices) somewhere far away from where you study in a difficult to reach spot, maybe even somewhere you'd need help getting to.  Then set aside one or two times a day for maybe 30 minutes each time when you will give yourself time to catch up with Facebook.  The rest of the time is Facebook-free!  If you access Facebook on a computer and need that computer for homework, you could take Facebook off your homework computer and put it on another device, following the rest of the directions above.  You might also talk with your parents about some incentive for bringing up your grades.  And, you might need to let your friends know you won't be checking FB 24/7.
I can't emphasize enough how great it is that you want to be proactive about this! Good luck!

Jeanne H. Brockmyer, Ph. D.
education.com expert clinical psychologist

0
0

12345mesocool
12345mesocool writes:
you should not be in your computer for like 1 or 2 weeks and like kinda forget about face-book like i did because i had the same problem but i deed all i just told you bye bye no need to say thank you or ya you

should if you liked my idea.

0
0
Anonymous