MommySavage
MommySavage asks:
Q:

Fighting School to have son do 1st grade again.

I'm currently fighting with my son's school on having him do 1st grade again. He has told me several times how he gets frustrated because he is so far behind everyone. He was going to a different school for Kindergarten and they wouldn't hold him back because he is a big kid (very tall). We used to live in a rural town that some I'm finding out incompetent doctors. We have since moved.  Because of an undiagnosed water on the ears that went on for years. He has some delayed issues. He also was misdiagnosed for vision issues. He has just been diagnosis with ADHD and ODD. He has started on the medication an I am hoping that will help for him to focus. So my issue is because he is a "special ed" student, the school doesn't want to hold him back. His reading level is at a Kindergarten level and math is beginning level 1st grade. Can anyone give me some advice on how to fight the school to have him do 1st grade again. Thank you
In Topics: Working with school administrators, My Relationship with my child's school

|