ninasimone asks:

Where can I find an advocate for my special needs child?

I recently moved to Carteret, NJ. My 11 year old child has a speech impairment and severe multiple-disabilities. She has been diagnose with autism. I would like to get her to a school that specifically works with children with disabilities. Where do I begin my search?
In Topics: Special needs, Autism & Aspergers Syndrome, Speech or language impairment
> 60 days ago


Answers (1)

dgraab , Parent writes:
Hi, Here are some autism advocacy organizations you might contact:

Autism Society of America

Autism Speaks

A New Jersey advocacy group serving individuals with autism and their families is New Horizons in Autism:

The National Center for Learning Disabilities also has information and resources your family may find helpful:

To locate local school districts and schools for your new residence, you can use SchoolFinder:

I hope these resources help get you closer to finding the right school for your daughter.

Did you find this answer useful?
Answer this question


You are about to choose ${username}'s answer as the best answer.

Cancel | Continue

*You can change the best answer in the future if you think that you received a better answer

How likely are you to recommend to your friends and colleagues?

Not at all likely
Extremely likely