shellbell69
shellbell69 asks:
Q:

I need to find an alternative high school that my daughter can go to part time. She dropped out over a year ago.

i am a single mother and my daughter dropped out over a year ago whenever i got looked up she wants to go back to school but not a regular high school because she is 17 years old in a tenth grade level can you help me find a school
In Topics: Back to school, Choosing a school, Teen issues

|

Having been a school counselor in an alternative high school, I commend your daughter and you for taking this next step. Going back to school is a very difficult decision for many students who feel they have failed.

Your daughter needs to focus on her goal- whether it is entering the workforce, continuing in college with her education, or joining the military.  

Speak to your local school district about dropout recovery programs. Schools are penalized when students dropout and do not complete high school, so you may find there are alternatives in your area that meet your daughter's needs. The SchoolFinder on Education.Com is an excellent tool to investigate schools in your area. Best wishes!

2
0

lesly
lesly writes:
okay well so any way my daughter had drop out of school and i help her to find a job and i had log on www.parttimejobs.com and it help me and my daughter.

1
1
acoaloa
acoaloa writes:
Check with your district/county school system for online/virtual school classes she can take that will qualify for high school credit. Also check with your school system about what they suggest for alternative or charter schools in your district/county school to serve your daughter.
If all that fails, Google your state Department of Education (DOE).

0
0
Anonymous