marryann
marryann asks:
Q:

how can i find out if my child is attending school

In Topics: My Relationship with my child's school, Parent Teacher Association (PTA)

|

KidAngel

If you are not satisfied with the answer your child is giving you concerning his/her school attendance you can go or call the schools "attendance dept". All schools that I have been involved with have one. On a deeper level, if your child is not attending school and you are not aware of this, then digging deeper to find out the reason or reasons "why" would be your next step.
Barbara Antinoro
Educational Counselor
Kid Angel Foundation
Education.com Team

1
0

Hi marryann,

I'd say a good place to start would be asking your child. You don't have to make it sound like you're trying to "catch" him or her. You can just have a conversation her day. She should have some pretty specific information about what happened in math or science, who she played with / hung out with, what she had for lunch, etc.

If you're concerned that she's skipping school and lying about it or covering it up, I'd talk to her teacher or the principal. If they don't have a policy of calling parents when a student has an unexplained absence, I think it's fair to ask them to call you if your child doesn't arrive at school.

1
0
To find contact information for your child's school (if you don't already have it handy), you can use SchoolFinder (link below).

1
0
rickyn77
rickyn77 writes:
i what to know was school he is in

0
0
RKSCHOOLS
RKSCHOOLS , School Administrator writes:
what ever you are, do spend with your child atleast one hour a day at night and keep talking to him about the school and accept everything he speaks. the liberal attitude of yours will make him free from all tensions and see he will not have a cause to off the school. if you find anything wrong with your child's attitude, first talk to the teachers in the school then go to your child help him out to come out of the problem. never take anything serious in your life regarding your child always keep in mind one thing that he shall overcome one day.

0
0
Anonymous