Spence
Spence asks:
Q:

Where do I find out my childs teacher?

In Topics: Working with my child's teacher(s)

|

Allyn Anderson

Spence, the easiest way to find out about a school's teachers is to call the school and speak with the guidance staff and administration. Another good way is to join and become active with your school's parent/teacher organization; these are often called PTOs or PTAs. By working with other parents, you begin to learn a lot about a school's learning community.

If you are wondering about teachers for next year, one usually doesn't hear who a child will have for a teacher until a week or two before school starts. However, if your child has a special learning concern, it is always best to contact your child's school early (say February or March) --- ask to speak to the guidance dept. Share your concerns and ask for their help in finding the best teacher(s)/learning programs to support your child's needs. This strategy isn't 100%, but it is a good way to to begin working with the school to support your child.

Good luck in your search for information! Ms. A

1
2

Hi Spence,

If your child goes to school in the U.S., you can use SchoolFinder to find contact information for your child's school. http://www.education.com/schoolfinder/

At my child's school, they notify parents only a few days before the start of the new school year (in the fall), about which teacher and classroom children have been assigned. They post this information on bulletin boards near the office, and it's up to parents to go to the school to get the information.

But your child's school may have a different process for notifying parents about which teacher and classroom their children will have in the new year. Start by calling the school office and take it from there.

Good luck - I hope you are successful in getting (and staying) connected with your child's teacher.

1
1
laughertee
laughertee writes:
the answer would be when do i find out and the answer would be at the open house on tuesday the 16th

0
0
mimosa
mimosa writes:
who is my teacher?

0
0
hi-lo
hi-lo writes:
i don't know

0
0
stormy123
stormy123 writes:
I think most if you failed to answer a very simple question most parents are totally confused about: How do I find out who my kid's teacher is at the begining of every new school year????

The problem is most schools are very disorganized and "assume" most parents know where to find their new teachers when they dont know. My district has zero information about this question and only says come "meet your teacher". Well....who is my kid's teacher?

To say "oh just call the school" is the worst answer possible. Imagine hundreds of parents calling the school days before school starts confused about who, where, and how to meet this new teacher??? What a confusing mess!!!!

So what is the answer?

The general consensus is most school post wjats called a "class listing" by grade with your kids name listed under a teachers name on a piece of paper near the front of the school. If you are lucky that list also tells you the room number but not where to find that room.

What we need is a website for every school that has a simple meet the teacher webpage telling you when they post child-parent assignments, where thats posted online and/or at the school, when those assignments are made, how you can modify or change or influence them, and when assigned, a map of the school with your kids name, the teachers name, room number, and how to find the room.

The fact there is zero information about such a simple question to help parents understand how and where kids are assigned to teachers the first week before school shows there is a serious lack of common sense information to help parents on this website.

0
0