rigpig
rigpig asks:
Q:

find two consecutive whole numbers that each number is between square root 80

In Topics: Helping my child with math

|
laurenf
laurenf writes:

I think you're missing part of your question? Square root 80 is ~8.94, so you cannot find 2 consecutive whole numbers between a single number (8.94). Maybe square root 80 and...square root 90?

If you could clarify, hopefully we can help you find an answer!

0
0
pigtoria
pigtoria writes:
Hi Rigpig.....

I've answered your question in another posting.  The two consecutive whole numbers is 8 and 9.

I believe your question should have been read as "find two consecutive whole numbers that the square root 80 is between each number".  Since square root of 80 is 8.94, the two numbers between 8.94 is 8 and 9.

Vicki

0
0
pigtoria
pigtoria writes:
Hi Rigpigâ

The square of 80 can be solve by factoring 80 as 16 x 5

Hence:
square root 80 = square root 16 x square root 5

Square root of 16 = 4

4 x square root 5 = 8.944

The square root of 80 = 8.944

Your question asks for two consecutive whole numbers “between” square root of 80 but “between” indicates two numbers and square root of 80 is just one number.  Could it be “find two consecutive whole numbers within square root of 80”.  In this case, the two consecutive numbers are 8 and 9 as rounding 8.944 could be 9.

I believed your questions should have been read as âfind two consecutive whole numbers that the square root 80 is between each numberâ.  Since square root 80 is 8.94, the two whole numbers that 8.94 is between is 8 and 9.

Vicki

0
0