SciTea
SciTea asks:
Q:

Where can I find examples of real world uses for multiplying and dividing fractions?

I am a sixth grade math teacher. I am looking for examples of practical uses and applications for fractions. I like to show our students that math is not just a skill to be used on a test. It is real, useful, and can be fun.
T
In Topics: Public School

|

gaperez
gaperez writes:
I teach 3rd grade math and two years ago started to give my students weekly math quizzes with "real life" applications for the skill(s) we were working on for that week.  I searched for them on the net, but found that in the time I spent searching I could've made the quiz myself.  So, that is what I started doing.  I would think of situations that were relevant to their lives, and used their names in the word problems.  I saved them and now just changed the names.

0
1