pashun84Him
pashun84Him , Teacher, Parent asks:
Q:

Where can I find free modified sign language for infants?

I want to teach my 9 month old sign language.  Any resources suggestions?  I have 3 older children and I'd love to teach them how to communicate with their younger brother until he is able to speak with words.
In Topics: Preschool, My child's growth and development, Speech and language issues

|

I happen to own Signing Families and offer many free signs on our website.  Also, we have other materials, many which are available at local libraries.

In addition, try online dictionaries such as ASLPro.com, ASLUniversity.com and SigningSavvy.com

YouTube also provides some short and fun videos (please monitor as not all are G-rated).  I post videos on a regular basis under LouiseASL.

Happy Signing!

Louise Sattler,
Psychologist
Owner of SIGNING FAMILIES
http://www.SigningFamilies.com

1
0

DKleyensteuber
DKleyensteu... writes:
I know and teach sign-language.  Just use the everyday ASL.  If you teach special signs then the child will just have to learn the 'real' signs later on.  (kind of like talking in English-  we do not teach little babies a differnt language other than English- same way with ASL.  I started talkin is sign from the day my daughter was born.  She is not deaf, neither am I.  But I was a special education teacher of the blind and deaf-blind, thus my leaning sign language.  I am partially sighted, and learned my sign language from my adult student who was deaf.  Go for it!  have fun.  Also be sure and speak the English words as you sign.  Even deaf people are taught to try to talk as they sign.   Have fun!  Diana

1
0
Anonymous