Q:

Where can I find irradiated tomato seeds?

Asked by Juan in commenting on the science fair project, The Effect of Irradiation on Vegetables: http://www.education.com/science-fair/article/e...
In Topics: Helping my child with science

|

greenprof2

Hi - I'm afraid you won't find irradiated seeds at your local garden centers. I don't know where you live but your best bet would be to locate (a google search) the closest NASA facility to you and to call someone who is a scientist there. NASA has done research on such seeds in the past and you may get a lead there. You also might contact someone at the Los Alamos National Lab where they do a lot of work with nuclear materials.

Michael Bentley, EdD, Expert Panelist
1
0
23yrs.

Best Answer!

Sometimes science supply companies carry odd things. Google the names (Frey Scientific is one). They all have online ordering, so you could just hunt for them.

1
0

laurenf
laurenf writes:

I would try calling local nurseries for the seeds. Also, maybe try online nurseries or garden supply stores and see if they have them.

1
0