fairmom
fairmom asks:
Q:

How do I find out about if a test is given fairly?

My son had a test where the teacher allowed the students to use their notes. However, my son did not get his notes out in an timely manner , so she made him take the test without his notes. She claims it was the homework assignment to have your notes organized and she penalized him because he wasn't organized. Is a teacher allowed to give one student in the class a different way to take a test than the rest of the class? Obviously, the students with their notes had an advantage over my son. I spoke to the guidance counselor and he supports the teacher. This seems unfair and I am wondering if it is against school policy. Does anyone know?
In Topics: School and Academics, My Relationship with my child's school, State education standards

|

fritzr
fritzr writes:
If the homework assignment was to be organized and prepared then it seems to me that your kid failed at that and the penalty was taking the test at a disadvantage.  I bet your kid will be better prepared and more organized next time so I think the lesson was well taught.  The job of the teacher is to teach in the classroom, not make sure she is always fair. Unless this was a life altering test that will determine you're child's ability to get a job years from now I really wouldn't make a big deal of this.

0
0
Anonymous