taffy206
taffy206 asks:
Q:

Looking for a private teacher to homeschool my son.

I would like to pull my son from school and start "homeschooling" him. However, I am unable to home-school him myself. I would like to hire a private teacher to come to my home to teach my son. I have been unable to find any information or resources on how to do this. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am particularly interested in finding someone who will teach with classical or core-knowledge teaching methods.
In Topics: Homeschooling

|
6Ijuba
6Ijuba writes:
Please contact me on col1000hills@mweb.co.za for more information.

0
0
BellvenGalleposo
BellvenGall... writes:
I am looking for employers who would like to have private teaching or tutorials at home. I am a licensed male teacher here in the Philippines. If you are interested please contact me at my email bellvengalleposo@yahoo.com. I am hoping for your response. Thank you and God bless!

0
0
alexlorenzo
alexlorenzo writes:
I am able to accomodate the proper medium and integrated approach of teaching the learning tools for your child. First step is contact me on my cellphone no. asap 09497957797 for me to fix my schedule, second is upon meeting for us to discuss relevant matters, I will assess your child so that the approach must be pre-determined. Learning is systematic and compromising for delicate minds like our children.

0
0
ScienceSpeaks
ScienceSpeaks writes:
If you have not found somone yet - I would like to speak with you to find out more information and possibly work with your son.  I am a NC certified teacher staring my own business called Science Speaks and I am completing my Masters in Secondary and Adult teaching.  I am trained in the current common core methods of teaching and worked with a homeschool academy for three months teaching middle school English and Science and Elementary Science (Zoology of Ocean animals) I also lead a PE class for Conditioning and exercise with basic Physiology.  I am a Black Belt in and teach Karate for health and self defense.  I am working on a website but do not have it launched yet.  I would love to speak with you.

0
0
onlineteacher
onlineteacher writes:
I am a certified teacher with a master's degree. I served parents in helping them homeschool their children. I would love to talk with you about your needs. You can contact me via email at psalm91family@att.net or facebook (Virginia Gentry). I look forward to hearing from you.

0
0
brianh1965
brianh1965 writes:
One of the best online schools I have found - that include a teacher - is www.ChristianK12.com.  They also involve parents in the testing process and applying core subjects and "selectives" that appeal to your child's best interests...  There is a small monthly tuition, but well worth it, and no public school invasion into your home...

0
0
EveAgia
EveAgia writes:
Dear Taffy206,

I am a primary school teacher from South Africa, looking for work. I am fully  have a specialised computer Maths and English.

If you are interested let me know your location so that we could discuss this.

Eve

0
0
Boschdog323
Boschdog323 writes:
Hello Taffy206,

I am a private in-home educator in Los Angeles, CA. Private, customized education is the way to go! Kids shouldn't be crammed into over populated schools, forced to all conform to the same learning styles on demand, taught by a politically driven union, and sometimes even used as political pawns. Our school systems are broken.

Homeschooling, or as I call it - custom education - is a great option if you can make it work. Personally, I don't love the idea of parent-exclusive education. Parents and their children don't need that much stress on their relationship, but parents can oversee and control their child's custom education.

Custom education can be expensive. Private teachers should be paid well, $40-$60/hr or more. You may want the teacher 20-40 hours a week, though I doubt 40hrs is necessary. Here in Cali, some specialists who privately teach at a high school level make over $100/hr! (But that's California prices) One way to make it work is to find other home-schooled children and share a teacher for part if the time.

Last piece of advice, variety is the best part of a custom education. Find a teacher who can take the students out into the field, to museums, factories and farms. Also, find a teacher who keeps up-to-date on all the newest learning modalities and theories. That shouldn't be too hard because if they love teaching, they'll be aware of what's happening, even if they're not working out of a school.  

I'm a private in-home teacher and I'm always looking for my newest students,

Helene

1
0
Akinseye
Akinseye writes:
Where do you reside?

0
0
clene
clene writes:
I help parents in the metro Atlanta area homeschool their children in a safe, academically stimulating, and relaxed Christian environment.
Find out more at:
www.scholarlychoice.webs.com

0
0
ankitasab
ankitasab writes:
An appeal to all the Parents- I am doing a very interesting research on tutors, please fill the survey

Paste this in your address bar  bit.ly/Zx1rmY

0
0
IndividualizedTeaching
Individuali... , Teacher writes:
Hello.  I am new to this website, but it looks like your post was quite some time ago.  If you are still in need of a private teacher, please let me know.  I taught for 7 years in the elementary levels and have a wide background of various curriculum (Spalding Reading/Writing/Spelling, Singapore math, Shurley English, Core Knowledge, Thomas Jefferson Education, etc.)
I hope you and your son are doing well!

0
0
dadavila
dadavila writes:
I'm in the same boat, and wanted to know how your search is going. I'm only now just starting to look at the same scenario, and am open to any tips or pointers you could offer. I am in the state of Texas, and my son is 8 in second grade and has high functioning autism. He is still in Public school, after a lot of poking around at many options we are now in the market for hiring someone to home school him. I've been reaching out to a lot of resources but am barely keeping afloat here in the results. Help!

0
0
JHenschel
JHenschel writes:
I am a teacher and am interested in homeschooling.  I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.  Where are you located?

0
0
Iwillteachyouonline
Iwillteachy... writes:
Hi Taffy,dont worry about how to get tutors home...
There are services like online tutoring where you and your kid and learn online live with the tutors..
Tutor will send you a link,if you follow it,you will be directed to an online whiteboard and there you can interact freely with the tutors..
If you want any help in it,I am on online tutor,I can guide you by giving free trial classes too..

0
0
dawnwellspeak
dawnwellspeak writes:
I homeschooled another person's elementary school aged child for nearly a year and it worked out beautifully.  I have taught K-3 (3 years special ed and 2 years private school).  Most recently I run my own tutoring business (for 3 1/2 years) for ages preschool, elementary and middle school aged children.  I set up a learning center room in my home with a library, educational games and curriculum materials.  I would love another opportunity to teach a child one on one and tailor the lesson plans to that child's interests.  This individualized planning makes each day fun and exciting!  I enjoy creating active games and unique activities to keep a child engaged in the learning.  I live in the Washington, DC area in Maryland.   If anyone in this area has such an interest, or if you happen to be in this area please respond.  Thank you.

0
0
dawnwellspeak
dawnwellspeak writes:
If you are interested in my answer just seconds ago please contact me to homeschool your child at DawnWellspeak@aol.com.  Again, I am in Maryland in the DC area.

0
0
katieandrewmptc
katieandrew... writes:
hello taffy,
you can get teachers from My Private Tutor for free, just register as a student and get the list of teachers

0
0
dkanstoroom
dkanstoroom writes:
We live in the Saint Petersburg FL area and are also considering a customized learning program for our soon to be 7th grade son.  If there are any teachers in this area that might be interested, would love to hear from you.

0
0
HollieRae
HollieRae writes:
You could also try checking with your local tutoring agencies.  I was looking for an in-home tutor for my son through Vancouver tutoring companies and found that many of the tutors were unemployed teachers with years of experience - many of whom had started tutoring as a way to bring in some income while they waited for something more full-time to come along. I'll bet some would've jumped at a job opportunity like yours! If you happen to be in the B.C. area, check out http://mygradebooster.com/vancouver-in-home-tutoring/.

0
0