jenjendance06811
jenjendance... asks:
Q:

How can I fit in Middle School without having to do the bad things that the 'cool' kids do?

In Topics: School and Academics, Teen issues, Friendships and peer relationships

|
janetplanetz
janetplanetz writes:
Middle school is a challenging time.  In many young people's lives they want to "belong" and only identify with their peers, sometimes more then they want to be their own person.

Life is about choices.  Doing the right thing is a choice. Everything comes down to choosing good/positive decisions vs. doing something that causes us (or those we love) pain or suffering -later.

I strongly believe, as we grow up, following a positive inner voice, doing the next right thing....is a good choice.

Listen to your positive inner voice.  Not the negative or deceiving voice...of society or sometimes our negative fearful families.  Do the next right thing and you'll enjoy your life more.  Parents love us and guide us.  Yet we do not OWN each other...we share our lives.

Sometimes we may have to follow this positive voice before following the crowd or peers.  

Peers may MISLEAD us - not knowing our inner choices....and dreams/goals are - making a mis-step may create negative consequences.  Watch out.  One moment's thrill could ruin your life.  

Trust your mentors (parents, teachers, spiritual leaders) they will not steer you wrong.  Also...wait until your brain is fully developed - for making the really big decisions....marriage/sex, alcohol/drug experimentation or going over-board....if you've already tried these things.  Be prepared for lots of life lessons.  Blessings and be safe.

4
0
babiicakez98
babiicakez98 writes:
Well, My older son is in middle school right now and he asked me the same question in the beginng of the year. I suggest you find people you fit in with. Not try to be cool. Honey, let people think exactly what they want. Your weird, Your dumb, Your annoying. But you know what? If you find people who will litterally be there for you anytime, you wont care!!! Because you have them and you dont need anyone else!!! Hope my advice helps you<3(:

3
0
twoofmyown
twoofmyown writes:
I am guessing that you want to hang out with the cool kids if you are asking how to "say no". for one, I dont think you would want to spend time with people that dont have similar values, but if you were to make friends with kids or a kid that does do things you wouldnt do you should be the good influence not the follower. Believe it or not people are watching you, people dont judge people just on thier bad actions they are also judged on thier goodness, its just up to you how you want to be judged.....I know 'judgment' is not a good quality in anyone, but it is human nature, thats why some people think they are better than others or not good enough.... How about you desiding who is cool and who is not. Life doesnt end in middle school or even high school, but this is where you are going to deside your history. Make good decisions to make a good life. Good luck and keep your grades up so you can go anywhere you want in YOUR life.

0
0
rosenbergmendal
rosenbergme... writes:
dont hang out with the 'cool' kids theres lots of other students that dont hang out with them go find someone else to hang with they mite think there the cool kids but they arent

2
0
Anonymous