sos123
sos123 asks:
Q:

How Do I fix a massive lie

Hi I'm sos123 and I really want to get help on how to fix a lie a made hears the thing okay when I arrived to my new school all the girls wanted to know about me but I wasn't really interesting so they slowly stopped talking to me so then I thought to my self hey how about I lie about my birth and say I was born in Russia which is my favorite country and ever since then I started telling everyone in my school and they actually believed me and this has kept on going on for 3 years and I feel really bad and I also lied again and said that I had ADHD and dyslexia because I was always dumb and I still am for lying. Seriously I feel like that there is something wrong with me because no one does this stuff.
In Topics: Self esteem and identity, Teen issues, Friendships and peer relationships

|
anonymous247
anonymous247 writes:
Okay, so first off, let me tell you something. A few years ago I lied about a lot of very serious things to my friends. In my defence, I was on drugs and my perception was completely off but it still remains I lied. For a while I didnt feel anything but for the past year I have been beating myself up about this and constantly feeling guilty. Now I have been able to tell my best friends and feel that I have gotten over the lie, though I do still think about it often. However, were someone to ask me now I would have no qualms in telling them the truth, as I believe I am a different person and have moved on.
Now I would reccomend telling someone/people, it makes you feel a lot better and it does show courage - people will respect you for telling the truth, however you may not be ready or feel that you can tell anyone, in that case thing about these next points:
1. You obviously have a conscience - it shows that you are a good person through the fact that you are feeling bad about this, and you should cherish that, because some people tell lies all the time and never feel guilty
2. you obviously want to make things right, again, brownie points to you
3. If you cant tell anyone, I think that you should think about the future, and ponder how this lie could have made you a better person - first off make a point of being honest - thats what Im doing and it helps. Also, try and be good to people on the whole - by realizing you have done something wrong you can also learn to accept what is right - do that, and the lie will almost be a good thing as you will have learned how to behave in the future
4. Everyone deserves a second chance - I spent six months exaggerating my life and then told a huge, very serious lie as a result of drugs, howvever I am thankful that I have learnt from it as it now means I can be good and feel good about myself
Hope this helps
XXX

2
0
Rawr666
Rawr666 writes:
Tell them the truth no matter how bad or hard it is a tiny white lie has jut caught up with me and my boyfriend I've been with for a very long time almost 2 years is about to break up with me and I told him the truth but I seem to be to late don't let ur lie hurt u tell them the truth please do it before u end up regretting it .

0
0
davidchatman
davidchatman writes:
Just tell the truth thats all.

0
0