Marebear
Marebear , Student asks:
Q:

How can I focus more in school?

Especially in math, I'm not living up to my potential in any of my subjects. Math is extremely difficult for me, but even in Language Arts, my best subject, I'm not getting the grades that I used to get. I really need advise on how to live up to my potential. I can't fail any class this year!

|
laurenf
laurenf writes:
What worked for me was being goal driven. I knew that if I did well in school I'd get into a good college, which would get me a solid degree from a respected school. Or if you're in college, focus on the idea that better grades will (most likely) lead to better job offers when you graduate with higher salaries.

It's difficult envisioning the future when you're slogging through school. Try visualizing yourself 5 years in the future - where do you see yourself? What do you need to do to get there? Are you on the correct path now, or do you have to work on things before you can get there? I believe the key is figuring out what motivates you to do well, and using that as inspiration.

Below are some Education.com ideas on how to motivate students to do well in school. I hope this helped!

0
0
AnnieFox
AnnieFox , Child Professional writes:
Not everyone is good at everything and obviously the higher up you get in school the hard math becomes. For math, your confusion is probably causing you to space out and lose heart about your ability to get good grades. A tutor could really help! Talk to the teacher and see what's available. As for the other classes, what's you best theory about why your grades are slipping even in your "best" subject?

0
0