Joannapayne
Joannapayne asks:
Q:

What happens in a formal investigation at pre school

My son was attacked at pre school by 2 children he had black eyes bumps scratches and bruises on his face head and ear firstly they lied to me and told me it was a inocent squable  with a camera I was asked to sign tha accident book before seeing him and before being told the full story .I was onlyinformed of what really happened when I rang the school as after I got him home the black eyes appeared the school then told me they saw 2 boys on top of him . I ask why this wasn't stopped at the first cross word or hit . They told me they didn't hear or see anything other than the two kids on top of him. I have spoken to the pre school who seem to want to defend the childen but not my son I can't understand how or why my son was attacked unnoticed .I have spoken to senco and the local authorities are doing a full investigation into this  But haven't heard anything from anyone . Could you telll me what will happen I would like my son to return providing how ever is a fault may it be teacher or child is removed from the school x

In Topics: School and Academics, My Relationship with my child's school, Bullying and teasing

|

Thank you for contacting Education.com!

We are very sorry that your son went through this. It is very concerning that this happened during school hours on school grounds. Most likely it happened at recess or when the kids were outside, but the supervision of the children must have been lacking. It is important to find out if this school has an adequate number of adults in ratio to the number of children at all times.

We are not sure what the exact process of the preschool investigation will entail, but your main priority should be your son's emotional and physical well being. Is he stating that he wants to go back to school or is he afraid to return? Has he had contact with the kids who hurt him? Make sure that you are providing praise and comfort to your son. Allow him to talk about the situation if he can, but understand that children this age are not always able to talk about their feelings. It is also possible that he will bounce back quickly and will not feel afraid.  Just make sure to watch for changes in your son's behaviors, he may show his feelings through his actions.  

Please check out our websites: www.parenting.org  and  www.boystownpress.org for more resources and help with bullying prevention. If you would like to speak with a counselor about this in more detail, please call our Hotline or e-mail us. We are here 24 hours, 7 days a week for parents and children of all ages who are going through many different situations.
Thanks again for reaching out, we hope to hear from you again.  And, best wishes to you and your son!

Cynthia, Counselor
1-800-448-3000
hotline@boystown.org
0
0