Is there a free immunization program (or financial assistance for immunizations) in or near Brunswick, GA?

"Looking for help with immunizations for beginning college. I can't afford to get them and didn't know if there may be some help in getting them. I live in Brunswick Ga any help would be appreciated."

Asked by "Anthony" via email.
In Topics: Back to school, Physical Health, Getting ready for college
> 60 days ago



Wayne Yankus
Aug 8, 2009
Subscribe to Expert

What the Expert Says:


Great question.  The Vaccines for Children program exists for younger children but if you are over 18 there are a couple of options.  First, ask your college health service what they can do for you.  It is in their interest for the public health to have you immunized.  Second, speak to your doctor or medical home.  There may be immunizations available through the public health office in Brunswick.  If the state mandates the vaccines, they must make them available at no fee. Finally, go on line to the company that makes the vaccines e.g. Sanofi Pasteur for Menactra and Tdap and ask what may be available in Georgia for you.

Thanks for the question and good luck at college.

Wayne A. Yankus, MD, FAAP
expert panelist: pediatrics

Did you find this answer useful?
Answer this question


You are about to choose ${username}'s answer as the best answer.

Cancel | Continue

*You can change the best answer in the future if you think that you received a better answer

How likely are you to recommend to your friends and colleagues?

Not at all likely
Extremely likely