This member has earned 24 points.
Click here to read about the
Education.com Gold Star leveling system
Does my friend have Asperger's Syndrome?
1) He is notorious for speaking in an overly formal manner.
2) He is also notorious for behaving in an overly formal way.
3) His spelling skills are very behind for his age (22).
4) He openly admits to being frequently bullied in middle school and not having a single friend in high school or middle school.
5) He is known for taking everything literally, resulting in him having no sense for casual humor.
6) He seems to have a lot of trouble understanding other people's views.
7) Though he is a very kind and caring person, he seems to be unable to understand how people feel.
8) Finally, he does not really have many friends. Most of the friends he has do not like him that much (he is of course unaware of this). This all is a result of situations similar to the ones described above. He is unaware of this social distance between him and his friends. I have noticed that he seems to connect well with Chinese international students at the school (i.e. people of a different culture).
Could he have Asperger's Syndrome? If not, why would a 22 guy be like this? How can I know for sure if he has Aspergers? Is there a way to test him? How could I help him?