mariakey
mariakey asks:
Q:

I don't know if I should keep trying to be best friends with my bestie.

Two years ago I had the best best friend of the whole world, we used to talk in the phone for hours and have tons of inside jokes. Last year I went to study abroad and we tried keeping in touch but it was quiet hard. When I returned home she came over to my house and it seemed ad if everything was still the same, even though she over used her cellphone and I though that was quiet rude. When we started classes this year I found out that she had already found a new best friend, we still talk to each other but not as much as we used to and that makes me really sad. I really try to keep being best friends with her but its really hard and I'm starting to get sick of trying so hard. What should I do? Should I keep trying?
In Topics: Teen issues

|
Ashes42
Ashes42 writes:
You should try talking to her about it. Ask her if she still wants to be your friend and when you can talk more. If she is not willing to try and be your friend after talking then you shouldn't try any more. A relationship goes two ways and you can't force her to be your friend. She may not even realize that you feel left out. I hope everything works out :)

1
0
ailujon
ailujon writes:
Have you tried talking to your friend and telling her how you are feeling?  Does she feel that the friendship has changed? It is difficult when we feel we have lost a bond with a friend.  This does not mean a friendship should end.  Have a conversation with your friend.  You should also look into expanding your circle of friends as well.  It is healthy to have a variety of friends that are a source of positive interactions.  You seem like a real friend, and anyone worthy will value that trait.  Well wishes!

1
0