Marshmallowbunny
Marshmallow... asks:
Q:

My best friends are cyber bullying me. What should I do about it?

One of my best friends moved schools (I'll call her X) and my other friend is still at school with me (I'll call her Y). But Y is reporting everything I do to X causing her to pick on me by text. All through the Christmas holidays I have been getting hate texts from them both telling me I am a bad person, that they are ashamed of me, that I have changed trying to turn my other friends against me etc. They said if I tell my friends there will be "trouble between us." I am 13.
PS hope this makes sense :)
In Topics: Cyber bullying

|
zaalvar.ordo

Best Answer!

I'd say, "X" and "Y" are not your friends, but that is the obvious answer anyone would give you. It would be good if you ignored their attempt to emotionally hurt you. They are likely cowards and would hesitate to harass you in person. If they do so, it would be best for you to not give them a reaction at all. It is not fun to play with someone who does not fight back nor give an emotional response. Don't text back to them, despite what they say. Remember, these people will likely stay at a psychological conventional level for the rest of their lives. (A self-centered person who does not give future consequences much thought). I hope this helps, and sorry if I did not understand what you were asking or looking for in an answer. Good luck!

3
0

ma_teacher
ma_teacher writes:
Check out the American Girl book " Stand up for yourself and your friends." It gives some really great advice.

Also, block them, or have your mom call the phone company to block them, on your phone.

Talk to your school psychologist or counselor, a trusted teacher, or parent.

Spend time with a new crowd of friends too so you have some girls who you can spend time with.

1
0
VWMomma
VWMomma , Parent writes:
It seems like the only "trouble" they would cause is the same thing they are already putting you through. I would address it calmly with your parents, something to the effect of "Hey, these numbers have been annoying me and I would like to try and block them. I don't need the drama."

X and Y wont know the difference and you'll be rid of the issue. If it escalates after that, then you should bring in your parents for more.

1
0