axton
axton asks:
Q:

How can I get a full copy of my son's school records and what are my rights as a parent, and what all will be displayed in those records?

My son is 12 years old and I feel like he is being mistreated at the school he is now attending.  He is constantly written up by hear say, and the referrals are incomplete with no precise explanations.  I really would like for my son to attend a different school where nobody knows him for a fresh start.  I really feel he has been blamed for alot of stuff and the teachers there just have it in for him.  He is very academically smart.  I would like to get a copy of his records and see what all is displayed for a transferring student.

|

Ask the school for a copy of Parent's Rights.

Your rights as a parent include access to school records. You may request to review the records periodically. You may also initial each page that you review to signify that you have seen the record.

Requesting copies of the records allows the school district a reasonable amount of time to provide you copies of the records.

0
0