celticwoman
celticwoman asks:
Q:

being made fun of

I'm being made fun of by a boy at school and then i come come and my family makes fun of me for how i talk, how sad i am, that my clothes aren't like their clothes. I can't do anything without someone saying something hurtful to me. I already have enough to deal with and i'm mad that people are making fun of me and laugh that i do not fit in their image. My mom makes fun of me for wearing clothes she doesn't like and gives me a huge thing about that i should wear clothes she likes. I can't handle the making fun of me anymore. If i do anything people make fun of me and it is getting old

|

We all have our own unique style and personality.  Sometimes our style and personality is not like somebody else's and we may be criticized for it.  At this point you have a choice to make.  The choice is...

-You could take what they say as meaningful and true and change they way you are to fit their standards so that they will simply leave you alone.  Sometimes it is more important for people to do what other people say so that they don't have to get bugged about it.  But know that you will never be able to please everybody all the time.

-You could also say to yourself, "Well that is your opinion, but I am going to dress like this because I like it."  Nobody can hurt our feelings or make us feel bad without our permission.  People will bug you about things your whole life, you have the choice to either listen to them and take it to heart or not.  Also know that sometimes when people criticize or say things, it is because they are trying to help, not because they are trying to make you feel bad about anything.  Changing your perspective on this may be helpful.

We think that what is more important than what others think of you is what you think of yourself.  Be good to yourself, know that you are a unique individual and decide how you want to present yourself.  There is not right or wrong here, just what you want to do to best get through it for yourself.

Please take care and remember that you can call the Boys Town National Hotline 24 hours a day at the number below, free of charge.  We are here to help, you are not alone!

Counselor, NZ

Boys Town National Hotline-A Resource for Parents and Teens
www.YourLifeYourVoice.org
1-800-448-3000
Friend us on FACEBOOK today &
Access the live on-line support feature on www.yourlifeyourvoice.org  8-11p CST M-Th

0
0

yunsel
yunsel writes:
dont  be bothered for  what  they  say.i can understand  that  insult  hurts  a lot  but  live  with  a  atitude 'they  laugh  because  they  are  jealouse  that  i am  unique than  them  and  i  guess they  are  jealouse  of  me'.
life  would  be  hard  for  you  if  you care  for  all that  they  say   as  you  know  its  the  dog's  duty  to  bark.......;)
let  them  bark  and  youy  move  foreward...wish  you  good luck..

0
0
MROBICHEAU
MROBICHEAU writes:
take that kid who is making fun of you and kick his ass in the front of other students..let them see that you can stand for your self....do NOT be passive....just kick his ass....stand for your self...and if you do not do it now..you will never do....remember that...

0
1