imanamir
imanamir asks:
Q:

What games can I play with my son besides computer car games?

my son likes "Car PC Games".  BUT i m not really happy about this!
i just want to know what kind of games that can i play with my son (3years and half), that can make him more happy and wich are more interesting for him?
In Topics: Children and video games

|
KidAngel
KidAngel writes:
Hi Imanamir!
I believe that anything outside that you two can do together would bring a smile to both of your faces. Throwing a ball back and forth, going to the playground, walk beside him as he rides his 3 wheeler, browsing together around the mall. Get my drift, anything that is taking him out of his comfort zone (in the house playing "Car PC Games"). You need to expose him to all of the above to see which ones really make him happy. It€™s all a matter of programming. Once you continue to do an activity that he likes for 21 days it becomes a habit. Being able to spend this time together is priceless. Have fun!

Barbara Antinoro
Educational Counselor
Kid Angel Foundation
Education.com Team

1
1
Hi imanamir,

I have a 3 1/2 year old son too.  When we play inside he LOVES to build with legos and lincoln logs.  Definitley the larger legos are best for him now.  (His older brother has the little ones and they're frustrating for my little guy).  He loves to decide what we're going to build (house, hotel, fire station, etc) and then "assign" me a piece to build).  It' a really fun way for us to play together.

We also have a couple of board games that he really likes to play.  Zingo is a fun one (Bingo with pictures he can recognize).  He also likes Hulabaloo and Cariboo (both Cranium games).  And those are all pretty fun for me too.

As Barbara said, playing outside together is always fun (weather permitting).  Then you can just follow his lead.  I usually put out a few balls, bikes, etc for him to choose from.  Sometimes we do that but sometimes we just walk around our neighborhood looking for bugs or looking at flowers.

If you do want to spend time on the computer with him but want him to do something more brain stimulating than car games, check out www.pbskids.org.  They have lots of games.

Finally, we at Education.com just launched an area of our site that's full of activities (they're on the Magazine Tab at the top of the page - http://www.education.com/activity/preschool/).  The activities are organized by age group so maybe some of the preschool activities would be fun for you to do together with your son.

Hope this helps and let us know what was fun for him!

Education.com Community Team

1
1
dad of two
dad of two , Parent writes:
Hide and go seek.Hot wheels.My advice to all parents computers are good learning tools and a must in todays society but ask yourself this one question how did we get by as kids without computers,video games,and 24 hour kids network tv?We entertained our selfs with toys and imagination.Just take ur childs favorite toys and set on the floor with them and play you may be surprised what kind of reaction you get.

1
0
ilovecheese
ilovecheese writes:
You can buy him a car toy and play outside or you can buy him a car that he can ride or a remote controlled car

1
0
jinjohn218
jinjohn218 writes:
hi.....If you love to play computer games with your child, then try a free, online game that allows you to build a custom car together. You can access the game through a free game website.Here is some information that could be helpful for you.

0
0