rozzie3643
rozzie3643 asks:
Q:

someone gave me a HUGE bag of corks... other than stamping with them, what can I do with them?

In Topics: Creative arts

|
PaulaBeckerman
PaulaBecker... writes:
What great timing - I just received an email (see link below) with ideas for making boats out of corks.  My mother collected corks for a while to make her own cork board - she cut them all in half and glued them to a strong surface, leaving a bumpy but interesting cork board.  I've found kids love to create with "junk", so corks are one of the odds and ends I put in my junk art box.  I also add small boxes, scraps of yarn or cloth, interesting plastic doodads from packaging - anything that looks like it might be fun to play with.  My kiddos (I teach preschool) also like to make robots with large boxes, and add features with junk items, including corks.  For children old enough to safely use toothpicks, corks + toothpicks could make cool sculpture creations.

1
0
rozzie3643
rozzie3643 writes:
Thanks for the boat idea.

A friend just told me to just glue them down to a cardboard circle starting in the middle to make a trivet. This sounds doable. Does anyone know if Tacky Glue will be strong enough to hold them in place well? Do you know a better glue for it? I have 4 to 10 year olds coming to do it.

1
0
kkamm
kkamm writes:
Make a wooden frame with a particle board backing and glue the corks onto the backboard.  You can hang it like a framed picture and use it as a message bulletin board.

2
0
BigSis
BigSis writes:

I found a few websites that have some neat ideas that might inspire you. I've listed them below.

0
0