godcodmod
godcodmod asks:
Q:

I want to be a girl.

I want to be a girl. I feel like my life is hell and my dad will most likely say something mean and hateful. I think about this all the time and sometimes I cry by how hard it is. I'm a 14 year old boy.
In Topics: My child's growth and development, Self esteem and identity

|

Dear Godcodmod:

Take a breath.  Don't worry about your dad now.  Your first move is to speak to a trusted adult who will hold your confidence such as your pediatrician.  Just ask for a physical or give the office a complaint and when with her/him, explain your thoughts.  They may ask you to come back at another time in order to give you more time to discuss your thoughts.  Try talking to your mom or your grandparents. They can be very good listeners.  Go to the internet and find what is available to you for counseling in your area for LGBTQ kids.  Remember the T is transgender and the Q is questioning which is maybe where you are at.  No one makes you sign on the dotted line ever and sexuality is an evolving process.  Remember: sex is what you do, and sexuality is about who you are.  Take it slowly at school, be a good student, and focus on today.  Keep us posted.

3
0