Helpme16
Helpme16 asks:
Q:

My girlfriend cuts herself

Me and my girlfriend are both in our first realation me beeing  14  she beeing 13. recently she has been cutting herself i've told her that if there is anything she is struggeling with she could tell it to me. but about the cutting she does not want to talk to me about. it hurts me that she is hurting herself and im scared to lose her.she also tried jumping infront of a bus i dont know why she is cutting herself but i think it may be cuz of her parrents since her dat is alcoholic and her mon always swears at her beeing useless and a failure pleas help.
In Topics: Cutting

|

It sounds like your girlfriend is dealing with some pretty serious issues at home. She is using the cutting as a coping skill. Away to deal with what's going on at home.

This isn't a secret that you want to keep. Please talk with an adult about what's going on with your girlfriend. They can help to make sure that she is safe.

We have also included an article of the yourlifeyourvoice websit about other ways that your girlfriend can release her pain besides cutting.

http://www.yourlifeyourvoice.org/DiscoverIt/Articles/Pages/99-Coping-Skills.aspx

1-800-448-3000
0
0

Lovehurts
Lovehurts writes:
Keep a close watch on her. If she doesn't want to talk about it then wait until she's ready to. Just don't give up on her. She needs you to support her.

0
1
mojoskids
mojoskids writes:
See the link below and give her support - find someone that you trust that you can talk to about this and maybe they can help her too.

0
0
tallshanta
tallshanta writes:
that is not cute at all because you can kill yourself

0
0