JamielaIsmail
JamielaIsmail , Teacher asks:
Q:

Is there any one out there who can help these girls who are cutting themselves?  I am rather disturbed that there are so many of them who are doing it.

Member Added on Feb 11, 2013
Is there any one out there who can help these girls who are cutting themselves?  i am rather disturbed that there are so many of them who are doing this.  Please gather them together and speak to them  - provide them the support that they need so that they can regain thier self worth and esteem and deal with negativity in a more acceptable manner.  please help these youngsters as it is ruining their lives as well as those who care for them.
thanks
In Topics: Teen issues, Cutting, Discipline and behavior challenges

|

linda.theappletree
linda.theap... writes:
From what I know about this topic, girls (and guys,) who were abused and have very low self esteem are the most likely to cut.  My adopted daughter was severely sexually abused and has done everything BUT cut herself. (Everytime we go for a psych eval they ask that question.)  With her intense treatment and, dare I say it, antidepressant medication, she has not done so.  For a teen who is cutting, I advise spending quality time with them, even when they might not be so easy to be with.  They need to have their self-esteem built up, and that is not so likely to be done with their teen peers, who seem to be really hard on each other.

2
0
Anonymous