browniepoints
browniepoints asks:
Q:

What are some good actions to take in school when kids are disruptive besides taking away recess (which is counterproductive)?

I'm talking about kids who are really not "problem" kids; the teachers just expect perfection with no time to just be kids!  Yet, they constantly take away recess time for the slightest infraction (talking at lunch, for instance!)
In Topics: School and Academics, Discipline and behavior challenges

|

Allyn Anderson

Schools and teachers have standards for each developmental level. As an educator, I have found most are fair, reasonable, and appropriate. As a parent I have found it helpful to contact the school and teacher(s) directly when I have had concerns about actions taken at school. I have found it helpful to hear both sides of the situation before getting overly concerned.
If you feel an action at school was inappropriate, talk with the school professionals to become acquainted with the whole situation. Work together as a team to devise a response if the situation should arise again.

1
1