keeleigh13
keeleigh13 asks:
Q:

Can I go to a good college with a bad high school history?

I am 16 (sixteen) and a junior in high school. I wanted to go to a good college for nursing but because of switching to 5 different high schools and home problems, my first two years weren't very good. This year I had a baby girl and ca not start until second semester not knowing anything that was taught first semester so I don't feel I will do well this year either. With all this, will I be able to go to a good college or just a community college?        
In Topics: Getting ready for college

|

Houli

You are to be commended for having a desire to go onto higher education for nursing and should feel very good about your goal.  Despite your history, there are always colleges that you could attend and it would take a lot of research on your part to find colleges that might be willing to admit you.

As a member of the North Carolina State Board of Community Colleges, I have seen first-hand the success of nursing students who graduate from community colleges all across our state.  You should seriously consider a community college.  It may be an excellent way to balance being a parent and other responsibilities.

0
0

RayNarayan
RayNarayan writes:
All you need is to start and get yourself admitted in a college which has affiliation to the university. High school grades do matter a lot in getting admissions in good colleges. But you can get yourself enrolled in at least a college that would provide you proper curriculum of study and an affiliated degree. Nursing colleges do not have much restrictions imposed in their enrollment process, but do you homework of getting the complete info of the college you are going to get yourself enrolled in.

Wish you all the best.

0
0
yazzieabby
yazzieabby writes:
Hello friend, in my opinion it is really difficult to go to a good college with a bad high school history.

0
0