gmcdavid
gmcdavid asks:
Q:

Does anyone know of any good resources for differentiation?

Does anyone know of any good resources for differentiation?  I just switched jobs and will now be teaching gifted children in the fourth grade.  I am also looking for resources for journal writings.
In Topics: Back to school

|

Allyn Anderson

There are a variety of web sites that could provide some good ideas for you. Plus, check out the books available at Amazon.com. Enjoy your search!

0
3

GinaT
GinaT writes:
Patricia Cunningham is excellent!

0
0
lravidlearner
lravidlearner , Teacher, Parent writes:
Ben Johnson at Edutopia.org has written an informative article on differentation and recommends some excellent books on the topic:

http://www.edutopia.org/differentiated-instruction-active-learning

Joe McIntosh writes a blog devoted to gifted kids with resources for teachers and parents.  Here's a link to one of his articles on differentiating instruction for gifted learners.  He has many more there.

http://resources.prufrock.com/GiftedEducationBlog/tabid/56/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/350/Default.aspx

Don't forget to use the teacher's editions of your textbooks as a source of material for differentation.  Each chapter usually includes ways to extend the lessons for gifted students (as well as ways to provide additional learning support for struggling students).

For journal writing resources try the Thinkfinity portal, which has access to some of the best lesson plan databases on the net:

http://www.thinkfinity.org/SearchResults.aspx?subject=languagearts&partner=all&resource_type=all&q=journal%20writing&grade=all&WebSiteArea=educator

2
0
jackie123
jackie123 writes:

2
0
edconsultant
edconsultant writes:
The National Association for Gifted Children is a wonderful resource. Here are a couple of links. One link is an article that was on their website which I found well written and comprehensive. The other link is the main home page for NAGC. Enjoy!

Monique Zarcone
M.A. of Ed in Teaching and Learning

0
0
genermcmillan
genermcmillan writes:
Any one can find best source and find outs through a good search on internet, you can find any differentiation problem solving site with Google search. I always search for best essay writing site like sites and find out the best one with reviews.

0
0
bettergraph
bettergraph , Student writes:
you can check the below website, they explain each and every part very clearly

0
0
Blond_Carrie
Blond_Carrie writes:
Good ideas can be stored only in the heads of the professionals. i managed to find some at "Marvelous Essay" service. Do not get me as a spammer or what. Believe me I am not paid for this kind of job, but I am willing to share that all the paper I ordered there were written on time and for good money. These are the most important two things.

0
0
nguyenducphu9906
nguyenducph... writes:
I have many exciting software which I want to share everybody. These are the softwares which is used on the computer and the mobile
This is my page. There are many games and apps page

0
0