hirakawa
hirakawa asks:
Q:

What is a good sample lesson for a kindergarten job interview?

I have an interview with a kindergarten. They ask that I prepare and teach a lesson with the students. Since my resume is heavily ESL and this kindergarten is in the American Embassy in Tokyo, I want to show that I am able to teach in an ordinary kindergarten curriculum. It has been a long time so please give me some up-to-date, what they are doing now in the states-type lesson ideas. Many thanks.
In Topics: Jobs/Careers

|
Vwindman
Vwindman , Teacher writes:
Do you have access to technology?  If you can use a SmartBoard it shows you are using Differentiated Instruction.  The link below has quite an extensive list of lessons for all ages and all area of instruction.

Hope this helps.
Vicki

0
0
Louiseasl , Child Professional writes:
Hello and thank you for writing to JustAsk.

Many times being creative with hands on activities demonstrates your ability to teach young children.   As for the content, feel free to access the Kindergarten curriculum tab here on Education.com

In addition, The GET READY TO LEARN series by Stacey Kannenberg (Cedar Valley Publishing) is an excellent resource on what is kids like to learn at this age.

0
0