fluff
fluff asks:
Q:

What is a good science project for a 5th grader?

In a month my son have to do a social studies project and now a science. We are having a problem coming up with a idea for a science project.
In Topics: Helping my child with science

|

MTrejo

How about starting by finding out what businesses, parks, universities, hospitals, etc are close by in your community.  This will give you ideas for projects. For example, one project could be to develop a small questionnaire, 5 or so questions, on "Why Science is Important in Our Daily Lives or in the Real World".  You and your child can then make an appointment with a couple of the business or park leaders  and go interview them using your questionnaire. This is called a 'science survey'.  It could also stimulate great interest in the sciences for your child.
Another idea would be to go into the internet or read a biography of a great scientist, or an astronaut, a zoologist, a nurse, a pathologist, etc .  Do a report on how the study of sciences is important to these various careers. Or you can do a typical project such as why leaves turn colors in the fall, why does snow melt, etc. Or google "science projects and activities" and see what you get.

1
2

Vamp_girl6
Vamp_girl6 , Student writes:
You can have your son make a volcano...

1
1
DebbieB
DebbieB writes:
So far, we went on sciencebuddies.org
It asks you questions regarding your child's interests & then suggests projects.  It also lists the difficulty

0
1
dm8593
dm8593 writes:
you should do a volcanal anhd for his socail studies project you should writ about the history of a volcanal write me back if he mad a good or bad grade im shore it a good grade and if i spelled something wrong my b but im not that good of a speller kk.o and my my name is delonte .

1
0
genermcmillan
genermcmillan writes:
Dear if you are 5th grade one then you can select any of the science related topic from your surroundings .. Please try it..:)

0
0