pundit5307
pundit5307 asks:
Q:

Grade retention for absence

Hello

My kid is in first grade and we may have to go out of country for some long time 2-3 months. I am interested in knowing about the policies related to grade retention for 1st Grade in Arizona.  And what can I do to avoid the retention.

My child is doing academically good in 1st Grade till now.

Thanks
In Topics: School and Academics, State education standards

|

Houli

You will need to contact either your child's school for this information or call the Arizona Education Department for the state laws and regulations on this.  At the elementary school level there may be a requirement related to both attendance and academic proficiency.

Missing school for a 2-3 month period of time should result in your child having to go to school wherever you are going.  Compulsory attendance laws in Arizona and all other states makes not going to school up to age 16 against the law.

One other idea.  You could home school your child while you are away but you'll need to check state law about this option.

1
0