Brenna123
Brenna123 asks:
Q:

Grade school bullying

What would be the next step after talking to school principle about second grade classmate bullying and threatening to bring a knife and gun to school to "kill" my son, he goes into details about how he will do it. My son is afraid to go to school and has had night mares about this happening. I feel they don't take this serious because of his age.
In Topics: Working with school administrators, Bullying and teasing

|

These are very serious threats and we would encourage you to continue to report.  If the principal doesn't seem to be doing anything, go to the counselor, teachers, school board, super-intendant, anybody who will listen.  Also it may be good to talk with other parents at the school and see what if they have noticed.  If you can get a large group of people coming and talking to the school they will be more likely to listen.  Stay focused on problem solving, avoid the blame game, and work with them.  Teamwork is crucial, even if you are frustrated. Without team work it will just become a battle and nobody will benefit.  

Please take your son to a counselor to help him cope with these circumstances.  It sounds like it is taking a large emotional toll on him and counseling certainly wouldn't hurt.  There are also some great child psychologists out there who may be able to offer some great help.  

Try to find other positive places for your son to be so that he can socialize in a positive way with people his own age in a place where he feels safe.  After school clubs and organizations can be great for helping kids who may not have the best school experiences.  If he can just find one place where he feels as though he belongs, it will make a big difference.

We wish you well.  If you need to talk further, please call our hotline and we would be happy to assist you.  We are a 24 hour parenting hotline who is here to help.  

Counselor, Dominic
Boys Town National Hotline-A resource for parents and teens
1-800-448-3000
www.parenting.org

0
0

Hi Brenna,

I am so sorry to hear that your family is going through this. You're absolutely right to insist that the school takes this situation seriously. If the school administrators aren't responsive, I would take your complaints straight to the school district/school board-level. And if you're still unhappy, go to the local police.

Good luck! My heart goes out to your son and your family.

Best,
Alex
Community Team

0
0
noel1
noel1 writes:
GET THE POLICE INVOLVED

0
0