mmartin823
mmartin823 asks:
Q:

How can I graduate with my class in 2013 if I am two years behind?

My child was held back two times.  She is currently a Freshman hopefully to be a Sophmore; however, she would like to graduate when she turns 18 which will be in 2013.  Are there any classes she can take to help get her there?
In Topics: Learning styles and differences, Teen issues, Getting ready for college

|
laurenf
laurenf writes:
Hi mmartin823,

I would check with your school to see if there is a way your daughter can take extra classes so that she can graduate when she's 18. An admissions or guidance counselor should be able to help. If she can't take enough extra units at the high school, maybe she can take night classes at a local Junior College instead?

1
0
canpanita
canpanita writes:
well you can take night classes or adult school and be able to graduate with your class.put as much effort as you can and good luck to you.

1
0
Questries101
Questries101 writes:
I'm not quite sure what classes she could take to be able to graduate with her class but maybe you could ask her school if she could take summer classes to make up or redo her classes to get a better grade. Im a parent of a child who is about to enter kindergarden and i am a student as well, I am taking a course right now on learning styles and how people learn. Does your daughter have specific needs? There are many students in my on line class that have taken a learning assessment to find what there learning styles are. When I took mine I was a visual/ auditory learner, which is what helped me during High School. I was the type of person that wanted to learn by myself and when it came to the quiz or test i would go to a sperate room and listen to a recording of the test its self. It helped me a lot and I also attened some summer school my junior year of high school. I hope that this post helps you and your daughter. You both having a support system in school and home will help you both in the long run. Some different learning styles that may help determine how your daughter learns maybe Blooms Taxonomy, Perry's seven intelligence, and Garderns theory take a few moments to Google these and maybe find out the best way your daughters learning style is. Mine was Blooms taxonomy I need to write all of my thoughts out and then im able to use them in writing and for tests. also i will attach a website as well for her to do and maybe this can help her. Many kids or teens dont know how they best learn, some feel embarrassed when they have to go to a resource room for extra help but its okay to do that, Im not sure what or how your daughter is with her school or how she does in learning or making facts stick but maybe these tips may help you both in the long run!!!!! Good luck to you both!!!!! Again this website was taken of of my online schools website.

0
0
Anonymous