jackiekellogg
jackiekellogg asks:
Q:

my granddaughter has an IEP and just had testing done can I request an area they didn't check for help be checked

In Topics: Learning disabilities

|

Hello and thank you for writing!

First, requests regarding IEP issues are by legal guardians or parents. So, if this does not fit your role in your daughter's life, then the answer would most likely be no. If you are the legal guardian, then you can make suggestions and requests in writing to the IEP team.

0
0

EdEd
EdEd writes:
You can always request an evaluation, and if you feel like an area was skipped that is of concern, yes - you can request it. However, before requesting more assessment, I'd ask about the results already obtained. Typically, a competent evaluation team will assess any areas of difficulty noted during initial meetings, by the family, and by the classroom teachers. If you're referring to a specific subject area such as math, typically an assessment of academic achievement will, at least to some extent, cover core academic areas. So, if you're concerned about a particular subject, I'd ask for an explanation of assessment/scores in that area. If scores in that area show a need for further assessment, it could happen at that time.

0
0