baseball13
baseball13 asks:
Q:

when you have a group of childern that refuse to play with one child is this a form of bullying

|

AnnieFox

Yes, regularly excluding one child from group play is a form of bullying. So much of what we think of as teasing, bullying, harassment, etc. reflects a lack of empathy and compassion. Remember how we used to teach our little ones about empathy? If our child grabbed away another toddler's toy we'd say "Now sweetheart, give the boy back his toy. You wouldn't like it if he grabbed YOUR toy, would you?" It's all about teaching kids to take the other person's point of view. While I believe children have the right to choose their friends it's NEVER OK to be cruel. Kids need to know this. And it's our responsibility as parents and teachers to make sure they get the message loud and clear.
1
0

#1 mom
#1 mom writes:
Yes it is.  I was astounded when I started researching Bullying.  Check on the internet, to see where your state ranks.  If your state lacks laws to protect the victims, you can always submit a Bill to Legislation.  As of 09/23/10, more than 125 victims of bullying, committed suicide in my state.  All between the ages of 8 - 13.  Children can be mean.  As of either 07-01-10 or 09-01-10, 45 U.S. States have anti-bullying laws.  Let your voice be heard.

0
0