insane
insane asks:
Q:

How can I guide and solve myself my mental depressions?

have a small problem ..the problem is that iam fully depressed  mentally and i am full lazy to work due to lack of interest (not bcausze i cant work nor i dont wana work)  there are few reasons by which i am like this but by simply making them a reason i dont wana make myeslf go in a wrong way... past is past and i wana change myself as better as possible.

my main problems are laziness carelessness and iam mentally disturbed.. i have been very idle socially and personally for a very long time and due to this much of long time my mind  has profiled these characteristics which i actually iam not.  i want to get rid of this profile which is making me sick phusically and mentally.

my examples

i dont get interest in most of the things
whenever i wana study or do some work i always get dipressed as if i lost everting(personally i fell like crying)
cant study properly for a time-no seriousness..( and i feel i giving up which i dont want cuz i want 2 sudy)

i always feel sad for myself for what has happend because there were no such special reasons for my problems all of them were small and had happend beause of misunderstandings...

i have been in an enivorment  where i was scolded,insulted,beat,family arguments parents arguments social critization (not really serious way) tensions etc etc

i dont feel sad to tell because all these things happend due to misunderstandings
i always wished that things were always better... but cant change the past but
In Topics: Depression

|

I am so very sorry to hear that you are struggling with depression at this time. It is very important that you get in touch with a mental health professional as soon as possible as there are very good treatments for depression available. You don't have to deal with this alone and it doesn't have to be so hard. Life can be better!

You didn't mention where you lived, but I suggest that you seek out a mental health professional in your community...today. If you are in school/college, check out what kinds of services your health center has. They most likely have counselors on staff. If you are out of school, check with local community health centers for available counselors at a low cost.

When talking with potential counselors, ask what treatment approach they use when working with someone struggling with depression. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), an approach that involves exploring and testing the accuracy of our thoughts (people with depression tend to have a larger number of negative thoughts- E.g., "I have no friends, no one likes me..."). The counselor will work with you to identify the negative thoughts and begin the work of challenging the thoughts (e.g., "Well, actually, I do have a number of friends. People do like me..."). I have included a link to an article on CBT below.

Thus, I want to emphasize that the treatments for depression are quite effective, and you will most likely experience an immediate benefit. It may take a little time to fully recover, but it is very important that you seek out help now, today...don't delay. You can be feeling better and life can look much more bright.

Warm regards,

Laura Kauffman, Ph.D.
Licensed Psychologist
http://www.drlaurakauffman.com/
0
0