tpjemt2001
tpjemt2001 asks:
Q:

Just got over H1N1, do I get the vacciene?

Like a lot of areas we are not being tested for the H1N1. I along with my 10 year old son just got over a miserable week of 103 temp, aches, chills, coughing, headache. Here's the deal we were not checked to see if it was H1N1. I am an EMT with a local ambulance so, since I MIGHT have had h1n1 do I get the h1n1 vaccine? I am not getting a straight answer out of my doctors some of them say to get it and some say if you've already had h1n1 then don't get it. How do I know if I had h1n1 because I wasn't tested during the sickness? What a pain. The good news is we are feeling better, but it is trying to get my 6 year old daughter and my 2 year old daughter. So far it has left my wife alone. Please help me out. Thanks
In Topics: H1N1 Flu (Swine Flu)

|

Glad you are feeling better.  The CDC recommendation is that you should be immunized against H1N1. The benefit is greater than the risk of vaccinating someone who may of had the disease.  You are correct that most places cannot test the volume of ill medical workers such as yourself or your family.  If, however, they had tested you and you were positive for H1N1, then you would be immune this year and not need vaccine.

0
0