canpanita
canpanita asks:
Q:

how to make my hair grow long?

In Topics: Physical development

|

Dear Canpanita:

You really can't make it grow long other than not cutting it.  The rate of growth is determined by your state of health, diet, and lack of trauma to the hair e.g blow drying etc... Some people seem to possess a genetic predisposition for longer hair, but most of us maintain good hair hygiene and live with the outcome.

2
1

Best Answer!

Hi canpanita,
I'm not sure that you can "make" your hair grow long, but I've had really long hair most of my life and can offer you some tips.  Most people think that to grow long hair that you must not cut or trim it, just let it keep growing.  It's actually the opposite, by trimming your hair it will grow thicker and faster.  I like to keep mine brushed often, to prevent tangles and breakage.  After I shampoo, I apply a conditioner and wait a few minutes before rinsing, rinse thoroughly and thin apply a leave in conditioner-I really love the Infusium line of products.  I like to switch brands every now and then, so I also like Redkin products.  About once a month or so, I treat my hair with a hot oil treatment.  It's a lot of work and care involved in having long hair, but I think it's so worth it and can't even imagine myself with short hair.  To make your hair shine, after rinsing the conditioner out in warm water, switch the water to cold and rinse quickly.  It produces a nice shine to the hair.

A healthy diet is also essential, so eat well.  Vitamins play an important part.  I've included a link that you may find interesting which will tell you more about how a healthy diet and vitamins effect your hair.  Good luck on your quest but don't over think this, short hair is beautiful too.
3
0

Yihui
Yihui writes:
Karenmom's answer is so great, and it is also benifical for me!
Thank You!

2
0