sundevil
sundevil asks:
Q:

How do you handle a baseball coach who tells a left handed boy he cannot play infield because he is left handed?

My son is 14 years old and in the 8th grade.  He has played baseball for the past 4 years playing second base and some pitching.  This year a new coach told him he could not play infield at all only outfield because he is left handed.  I understand this may be true in the major leagues.  My question is should this be the same in middle school?  Or should the most skilled player play that position regardless of left or right handed?   Is this worth talking to the coach over?  My son said he try to talked to the coach but was told to go to the outfield because he is left handed.
In Topics: Sports and athletics

|

Country_dude
Country_dude , Student writes:
This coach wants a good infield and regardless of whether your son is good or not, your son is left handed which means that he cannot pivot and throw to first base as quickly as someone who is right-handed. That fact is probably resulting in him being sent to the outfield since those things do not really matter in the outfield since they have more room to pivot.

1
0