ritajamierush
ritajamierush asks:
Q:

How do I handle a mother who's interfering with our daughter's relationship?

My daughter is a free spirit who likes to play with everyone when all her friends are around.   I have noticed that her best friend's Mother seems to have an issue when she sees that my daughter is not playing with her daughter.  I don't think my daughter's best friend has the issue.  She seems content to play with other kids as well.  This other Mother is now refusing play dates with my daughter.  What do I do?
In Topics: Friendships and peer relationships

|
SarahRubar
SarahRubar writes:
Rita have you tried talking to the mother and saying "Hey, they're best friends, but it's okay if she is playing with the other kids here" and then distracting the mother with some attention like keeping her busy with conversation so she's not so fixated who is playing with whom? It sounds like she's a little insecure herself.

Sarah

0
1
fritzr
fritzr writes:
I agree with Sarah.  I would talk to the mother and find out what her concerns are.  It sounds like she may be just a tad bit overzealous about ensuring her daughter is the center of attention.

0
1