sanchezmomof4
sanchezmomof4 asks:
Q:

How should I handle a teacher who expects too much from a 5 year old?

I just recently moved and my 5 year old son did not have any problems at his other school besides the occassional being over talkative and not following directions all the time which is expected from a group of 4 and 5 year olds. He has been sent home everyday with a "bad ticket" from his teacher that says " I did not try my best to make good decisions today." my son is devestated that he gets these everyday and cries when its time for school and asks for his old teacher. I also noticed when I pick up my son, about half of the class gets sent home with these "bad tickets" and it can be discouraging for a 5 year old. I think the teacher is expecting percfection and if she gets less she sends these tickets home. what should I do I don't want to seem like the nagging parent especially since my son just started here but he didn't have any issues with his last teacher.

|